Hand-poured natural soy wax candles - in scents inspired by Dundee
The Candle Bothy candles are made with 100% natural soy wax and burn using wicks made from cotton and linen.
The Candle Bothy candles come in 3 sizes:
• Large glass with a burn time of around 40 hours
• Medium glass with a burn time of around 29 hours
• Small votive glass with a burn time of around 16 hours
Glass container candles come in a decorative white box - ideal as a present.
All candles are vegan and hand-poured in small batches in Dundee/Scotland
Characteristics of soy wax candles:
- Soy wax candles are not made from petroleum products, but from pure soybean oil, which is a natural, renewable resource
- Soy wax candles burn cleaner with little soot released
- Soy wax candles burn at lower temperature, which means they burn slower and last a lot longer than e.g. paraffin candles
- Soy wax spills or stains can easily be cleaned up using soap and water
Some tips to get the most out of your candle:
- When lighting a candle for the first time, ensure the wax has melted all or most of the surface. This avoids the candle burning down around the wick, leaving wax around the edges, which is also called ‘tunnelling’
- Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time
- Allow the candle to cool for 1 to 2 hours between burns
- Always trim the wick to about 5mm to ensure even burning and to avoid soot and prevent large flames
All descriptions taken from Candle Bothy website
Your order is packed with cross-contamination procedures in place, using clean scoops and containers for each product. However the ‘buy loose’ availability of many of our items means that we cannot absolutely guarantee that it will not have been exposed to allergens in our own or previous premises involved in growing, producing, packaging or transporting the goods.
As per legislation, the known presence of any of the 14 major allergens - cereals containing gluten, crustaceans, molluscs, eggs, fish, peanuts, nuts, soy beans, milk, celery, mustard, sesame, lupins and Sulphur dioxide (SO2)- will be highlighted in bold or CAPITALS on the contents label.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
For customers further afield we can now offer a signed for postal service, charges will be calculated by postal weight bands and cost of packaging.
up to 2kg £5.99
from 2kg-10kg £9.99
Orders over £60 value will qualify for free postage. Why not consider a shared order with friends or family to achieve this value? There is always an impact on the environment to have an item delivered so buying more, less often, helps to reduce our carbon footprint and protect our planet.
***Please note when shopping that perishable fruit/ veg and items which we think will be at high risk of damage or deterioration in the post will be marked exempt and you will not be able to put them through the check out process if you select the ‘Post’ delivery option.
Click & Collect
If you want to collect your order from A Longer Table, 6 High Street, Kirriemuir, DD8 4EY it will be ready for you to pick up after 2pm the next day (except if you order on Wednesday the collection day will be Friday
as we are closed all day THURSDAY
Please select ‘Click & Collect’ option at check out.
Arranged Community Deliveries
By arrangement we can deliver in person up to 5 miles radius of Kirriemuir - please message or phone 07545 837011 to agree a suitable day and time before you check out and pay for your
Please select ‘Local Delivery’ at check out